Monday, July 09, 2007

Monday Already??

I had a lovely studying weekend this past weekend! I have finished reading my study book and now I am just taking practice tests to prepare for Thursday! I am also taking Wednesday off of work to prepare. I am getting nervous too! This one is 4.5 hours, so I am trying to gear up for having to sit and pay attention that long in those sterile, little rooms! Please pray I will pass!

My little violet Samantha had quite a weekend too it appears! A secondary blossom burst on Saturday and now my flower is actually looking like a violet!! Here is a new picture and a profile picture to see just how tall the blossom is.














The flower is really thriving in the indirect sunlight from the bay window! My friend in Africa, Amber, said it sounded like the flower was more of a pet than a plant and I think she is right! The way I am doting over this plant! It's borderline obnoxious!! ;) I am just so excited because I had pretty much written her off as dead and here she springs back to life! Plus, I guess it doesn't help that I completely personified her by giving her a name and keep referring to her with personal pronouns!!

Yesterday Dennis and I were sitting in the living room after church and noticed a rather peculiar sight!
I apologize for the obviously graphic nature of the mother/fawn relationship presented here! Dennis snapped just at the wrong time I guess! Well anyway, we kept watching as they nibbled on our lawn and before too long, another baby came out of the woods! Not just a deer with a fawn - but with twins! How wonderfully rare! We watched the mother get her baby across the street to the woods in the background of the picture and even call back for the other baby to catch up with them! It was so funny to see the fawn running with its wobbly knees! Oh we live in such a wonderful place! Praise God for His wonderful creation!
Well so much for now! I hope everyone had a glorious weekend!

No comments: