Well to update the kitty situation from yesterday.....by the time we left my parents after dinner, the cat had birthed 6 healthy kittens - 4 calico and 2 black and white. They are all very cute and so small! I am sure they will grow up fast though. Since my parents don't exactly need 6 more cats, I think they will be trying to find good homes for them when they are able to eat regular food. Dennis and I just aren't home enough for a pet yet or I would think about taking one home myself!
Yesterday, I had so much fun spending time with my brother David. He is 5 1/2 now!! Next week he will be going to KinderKamp, the introduction to Kindergarten when they meet all of the teachers, learn to go through the lunch line and all of that school stuff. He told me he is so excited which makes me so happy! He has a really good attention span and catches onto things quickly, so I am not too worried about him. The hardest part will probably be the schedule of it. He is a little used to playing by his own fiddle so hopefully he will adapt to someone else's fiddle okay! :)
So anyway, here are a couple of funny stories about him from yesterday. I wasn't feeling the best around lunchtime, so I went inside to take a little nap. David came inside and woke me up and said, "Shannon, I have a secret I want to tell you." I said okay, tell me and he bent to my ear and whispered, "I like things that are stinky!" Can you believe that??!! 100% boy right there! He just cracks me up! Then, later in the afternoon, my dad told me that he had been playing in my sister's old car and saw there was a bug sitting on it, so he went to the house, got the can of bug spray and sprayed the entire car so no other bugs would sit on it! I thought that was so precious! He is just so innocent!
Well that was some of the excitement of my Independence Day! What did you do?
L8er!!
3 comments:
YO dude! Thanks for the e-mail...and for the heads up about your blog! I got caught up a bit...read back since June...maybe on a rainy day I can catch some more. You make me laugh...sounds like your flower is more like a pet than a plant. Anyway, if my computer turns on I'll try to write this weekend but for now this'll have to do.
Yeah for bangs!!
Amber
Oh, Shannon! I love your post... all your stories make me smile and want to see you! Your brother is adorable... and the kitties! We're trying to decide if we want to get Hazel spaid or let her have one batch of kittens! I don't know... I just love kitties!
I vote for one batch if you will be able to find homes for them! Or maybe you could even keep one and keep expanding your kitty family! :) You comment so faithfully - thank you!! I would love to see you again as well!
Post a Comment