Friday, June 08, 2007

Oh the Excitement is Mounting!!!




Here is a picture of the living room I will live in (minus the amazing furniture) in just under three weeks! Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I can just see our little (red-headed) children running around and looking out the bay window (on the left) in the wintertime and wishing and hoping to go outside, or admiring the colors of the fall leaves since there is a large nature preserve just across the street. It makes my swell to think of the blessings God has given us!

This is our future kitchen! Currently, I am looking at something to hang in the window - a pretty prizm or hangy thing that can reflect light. I also like the little desk area where we can have the mail and a phone and a chair to sit in. I am reminding myself that I can't let this become a little clutter central! I am also excited to have a little place for my cookbooks and such. The cabinets were replaced in February of this year so it is all very new! I think the only thing we would change is putting tile on the floor. It has linoleum now that is a little cheapy looking and I think the wrong color for the cabinets. It should be a warmer color in my opinion. But tile is pretty cheap and we can put it in ourselves which is nice.

Here is our dining room! We have a dark colored dining room table but it will have to do for now while we get settled in. In the future, I would like to get a lighter colored set (similar to the one shown) with six chairs. The doors are french doors that lead out to the backyard. I am glad we won't have sliding doors, those always jam on me!





Here is our basement which will be our family room. Since we are not changing the carpet or paint on the walls, I am going to make it a nautical theme. I already bought a little sailboat and two framed pictures with lighthouses. Then I blew up some of our pictures from our vacation in Mexico and will frame those and hang them up. I think the lighting is really cool down there too. Now I am debating on whether we are going to put furniture down there. I wouldn't mind having a sofa down there for enjoying the fireplace or tv and maybe a couple of extra chairs for company, but we'll see. I've been scouting out Craigs List to see what kind of stuff people are selling. We are also going to go to a model home auction which sells basically brand new furniture for whatever someone is willing to pay. Some friends got new furniture for almost their entire house from one of those things. Sounds good to me!
Well I suppose I will end things for now. I am just getting so excited!!!! This weekend Dennis and I are going to get our rears in gear to begin packing our stuff. We have been giving a lot away to an organization called Bibles for Missions. We brought a lot of clothing there because they sell it and, you guessed it, the proceeds go to buy Bibles to be sent overseas.
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: