Three years ago today, Dennis and I made the ultimate commitment and became man and wife - and we've never looked back. I even remember this minute, feeling breathless and lighter than air while waiting for the ceremony to begin. I was so happy waiting there with my dad and so moved when he bent his head and prayed for us before we walked out into the foyer leading to the sanctuary. Then walking down the aisle and seeing my college and high school friends and both of our families smiling at us - some with tears in their eyes - was an indescribable feeling - I still couldn't believe I was the bride!! And of course seeing my dapper Dennis, the one who I was pledging my life to - that was so exciting! All of the planning, restless nights and stress had been for that very moment.
I just love being married and even though I got married relatively young, I couldn't imagine it any other way. And while things have been up and down, and we have gone through our share of heartaches and disappointments, God has always been faithful to bring our hearts back into alignment with His. We have so much to be thankful for and I am really trying my best not to take it for granted or let good things slip away unnoticed.
Well so much for now, I'm going to continue my trip down memory lane - and try to get some work done in the process!! :)
1 comment:
Oh Shan! What a lovely post. I am SO proud of you for making it to year 3!! And I hope and pray for many more for you two too! I agree... while there has been many heartaches and trials, I couldn't imagine it any other way...
Love you, friend!
Post a Comment