.........to put all of those election smear ads to rest! Woo hoo! I have all but stopped watching tv the last week due to the severity and frequency of the ads. My coworker said she counted 7 ads in one commercial break during the news. Even through all of these annoyances, the thing that saddens me the most is thinking about my relative and other loved ones who are fighting over in Iraq and defending us from terrorists and we cannot support them by exercising our duty to vote. I feel that more people care about who wins in "Dancing with the Stars" than in our election. *pointing at myself* I guess I just think about my cousin's husband who just got shipped over there to finish his tour and it makes me sad that I don't care enough about who I send to Washington and I don't know how I can change my attiude. Perhaps I can leave that for another blog entry. :)
Oh and one more thing I thought was interesting.....there was a race between two women in order to go to the Senate and I didn't even get to vote on them! I had to sit through hours of their advertisements and it didn't even apply to me!! *breathe* Good thing this is over for two years....
Onto other news, Dennis' special triathlon dinner is coming up on the 17th. I am curious if they have already done their voting and such. I hope Dennis wins!! Bill and Annette are coming up to go also which is SO nice of them! It is just great to be able to share such an important occasion with others. I am also interested to see all of Dennis' racing colleagues in clothes that are not racing outfits and meet their wives and significant others. Should be a good time.
Haven't gotten my test results back yet. I check daily but realistically I probably won't see it until after Thanksgiving.
I guess I will skidadle for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment