Monday, October 30, 2006

I am Shannon Dane and I have approved this message...

Hello!

Well at the outcry of a certain sister, I have gotten my butt in gear to do another post!!! Sorry for my lack of persistence, but things have been busy!!

I will start at the beginning....I took the test!!! Section 1 = DONE! *passing is a whole other story however* I am hopeful for a passing grade as there was nothing on the test which I hadn't studied tirelessly. But there is always a little part of me that wonders if I was way off track. In a few weeks I should have the results and in the meantime, this week I am going to begin cracking at the next one. From what I have heard on the CPA grapevine, the next one will be the most challenging but I am up for it. I have had a nice little break so I feel more eager to get back into studying.

Dennis started sending out fundraising letters for his racing team in the last week or so. He has to raise at least $3,000 for the team so we are hoping by the end of the year he will reach his goal. He is still training away for next season and now that he bikes inside we are able to workout together sometimes which is really nice. We also share a key to the workout room at our church so it helps me to go when I know I have to let him in too. He is not as inclined to skip as I am. :)

Last night we went to watch "The Amazing Race" with our friends Adam and Abby after visiting my parents. It was a ton of fun and we also played a couple of games of ping-pong which the girls proudly won!! We made the guys play with their left hands which levels the playing field a bit. Abby and I also watched "Platinum Weddings" which was hilarious! This couple spent $850,000 on a vow renewal in connection with their sons Bar Mitzvah. It was unreal! The "bride's" dress was $100,000 and the food was $350,000!!!! It was very pretty but most of the things were completely unnecessarym in my opinion. I mean gold tulle with 18k gold strands intermingled??? Who cares?!

Anyway, I guess that is it for now. Thank goodness election day is just 8 days away as I cannot stand many more political ads and refuse littered on my doorstep and stuffed in my door handle!!! :)

No comments: