Monday, November 20, 2006

A Time for Thanks....

I can't believe Thanksgiving is upon us already! This fall has just flown by! This morning I was watching the weather and found out the weather is going to be gorgeous for our trip to Iowa! I always figure if it will be warm here, it will be that much warmer down there which is nice.

Yesterday at church, the pastor gave a wonderful message on reasons to give thanks. It was so nice to hear because I feel like there hasn't been much to be thankful for in recent weeks and I figure that if I keep looking to my current circumstances to find something to be thankful for, I will rarely find anything. But when I think about things through the lens of the way God sees me, there are many things to be thankful for. I am thankful for truth and moral absolutes by which to base my life and worldview. I am also thankful I have been given a hopeful spirit so even when terrible things happen around me, I know there is a reason for it and a chance for renewal and growth through it. Realizing I am on the planet intentionally and to fulfill a purpose are also things I am thankful for because so many times I feel like I am just floating through, trying to accumulate as much as I can to reach the next tier but neglecting relationships I am blessed with. Those are just a few of the things I have been contemplating since yesterday, but I will end my "blermon" (blog+sermon) for now. :)

Friday was Dennis' triathlete dinner. Bill and Annette came to see us which was a lot of fun. Dennis didn't win this year though. Minnesota is one of the premier states for triathlon and the competition is SO tough! But now Dennis is more resolute than ever to train and get a different award next year. I know with all of the coaching he is getting now, he will be better than ever for next year. On Saturday, we watched the Hawkeye game with the Danes. Sorry Hawks..... :s

I hope you all have a wonderful short week of work and a lovely Thanksgiving!



No comments: