Here is the cliff notes version~
I found out I didn't pass my test. :s That was a HUGE blow which happened right before Thanksgiving. Talk about confidence killer!! Plus, I am scheduled to take the next test January 5th! Please pray that I can pass this one. :) I need all the divine intervention He will graciously give me!!!
Then Dennis got into a car accident and totaled his car! He was alright but he ended up being the victim of somebody else's road rage! He wasn't involved at all and his car ended up being crunched! People can be so silly and I was so happy to have taken a different way home from work and came across the scene about 3 minutes after the accident happened! God was very good through that. We bought our new car and picked it up the Saturday before Christmas. It is a Toyota Highlander and we LOVE it! It is big enough to hold all of our stuff when we go to Iowa or my parent's house and will hold Dennis' racing stuff when summer comes. This isn't our exact car, but here is a picture of what our car looks like, color and all.

Hopefully you can see that. :) It is a 2006 with about 21k miles and even has a third row seat which could hold two children or it folds flush into what is the storage area for us. So it could theoretically seat 7 people. The ride is so smooth and we really like Toyota's so it made a lot of sense for us. Hopefully you all can see it in person when we start going on our road trips!! :)
In the middle of December, Dennis and I flew out to Philadelphia to visit with Ellen and Chris for Christmas. We had SO much fun! I tried to post our pictures but they are not uploading right! *Boo* So anyway, we went to the Nutcracker Ballet (so beautiful), Independence Hall (where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were signed), The Liberty Bell (smaller than you would think), and Betsy Ross' house (low ceilings - how did tall people live back then????). All in all it was a marvelous trip and like I told Ellen and Chris as we were leaving - I think I got to know them better on that trip than in all the holidays we have spent together since Denny and I have been married. It was wonderful! They are a really neat couple.
Christmas was good. We went to see my parents and had Christmas dinner with them. I kind of inadvertently took the weekend off of studying, but because of it, I was so recharged going into this week that I think it was good for me. Once I take this next test, I am taking about two months off until starting to study for the next one. I really need a breather to catch up with people I have been a bad friend to in the last few months!! I am so looking forward to that! :)
The week after New Year's and right after my test, we are going to Iowa. I am not sure of the specifics yet, but I just can't wait to have some guilt-free, no-studying fun!
Well I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment