After a dismal winter last year, we are currently being rocked and socked with quite a whopper of a snowstorm and I am in love! Even more importantly, do you know who else is in love? Mr. Ryan James. He's been anticipating snow since the leaves started turning colors and falling off and I was running out of excuses for our bare ground!
We have about 12 inches covering the ground now, and it is still snowing cats and dogs. What's better? It's the weekend so Daddy was home all day plus I don't have to drive in the chaos to work tomorrow! Or ever! *happy dancing*
| Passing down the art/tradition of snowman making |
| Which weighs more? I'd guess the snowball |
| The finished product. Yes, I acknowledge it was an odd choice for the mouth |
| Getting Natalie all set to go |
| When she wasn't smiling, she was sticking out her tongue and catching snowflakes. So cute! |
We capped off our fun day with hot chocolate, complete with a marshmallow. Love those rosy cheeks!
And here's the backstory to the picture above. We came around a curve in the trail to see this scene and I ran back to the house to grab the camera. As Dennis was directing my picture taking, Ryan shatters the tranquility by yelling "Uh oh, Natalie!" We both turn back to see her sled had come off the trail, tipped over and she rolled out and was eating snow. Parenting failure of all failures! Apparently, while Dennis was talking to me, he forgot he had Natalie's sled tied around his middle......thankfully we were all able to laugh about it and admired the skid mark from the incident. Oh the joys of parenting!
We capped off our fun day with hot chocolate, complete with a marshmallow. Love those rosy cheeks!
4 comments:
Completely jealous. All these facebook posts are making me want snow even worse than I already do!!! Please, Kansas, SNOW!!
Haha! Love the story about Natalie! At least she was enjoying herself in the snow! :)
wow! what a winter wonderland!
it's freezing rain here in Toronto... We got in the car and couldn't see through the side windows. We opened them but the ice remained in its place, like another glass - we had to break it!!! Crazy stuff.
Jenny, I hope you get some significant snow before you head out of Kansas! I think Murphy probably wrote a law about winter before you move to a warm, sunny place. :)
Thanks Michelle! We were completely embarrassed, but I'm thankful Natalie seems unfazed in the incident.
I can't stand freezing rain Zygotta! That's the worst!
Post a Comment