Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Hooked on Phonics? Maybe not so much......

Ryan is OBSESSED with letters lately.  He will see letters on something and recite each one to me, then he will make a "word" out of it.  Sometimes with humorous results.

Ryan:  Mom!  Mom!  Look at this!


This one's from google, but it was a similar picture
 Me: Yes!  That's a great picture Ryan!

Ryan:  R-O-C-K-E-T.........Rrrrrrrr......Spaceship!

Go with what works kid!  We'll figure out the details soon enough.  :)


Sidenote for Great Grandma Hogarty - Ryan's been talking about you all day!  He's taking phone calls and getting letter after letter from "Grandma Hoh-git-ee."  We love you and we'll see you soon!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

That's precious. :) Way to go, Ryan! Adeline calls every color "yellow." We'll get there....

Anonymous said...

I watched my 6-year-old nephew doing his homework. His spelling is HILARIOUS. I mean, I know that in English spelling has very little to do with pronunciation, but you don't really stop and think about it - until you see a child try and spell things :)))

newtorontomom aka zygotta