I didn't feel 80 years old when I got up this morning, so I caught up on my housework and can now do a blogpost! Yay!
Though I am betraying my title a bit, I must shout a big CONGRATULATIONS to my dear friend Jenny who is expecting her third child in the spring. She is a mom/wife/blogger I look up to and admire so much and I feel really blessed to be counted as her friend. Congratulations to all of you Jenny!
And without further ado, here is a post about our little Natalie, who is now just a week shy of 10 months old! She's had a very big month, checking off those milestones hand over fist. At her most recent doctor appointment, she was in the 85th percentile for weight and the 98th again for length! She's wearing 12 month clothes for the most part now and has been growing out of things in her arms and legs first. Such a departure from the way Ryan grew as a baby!
Natalie is a typical little sister. Bugging Ryan, pulling his hair, grabbing at his toys, wanting to do everything he's doing. It's almost like she doesn't seem to be aware that she's 9 months old, she's not afraid to try anything.
Here she is sitting up, a skill which she has perfected.....
...but she's rarely sitting long before she's wiggling away to find something more interesting.
She is crawling everywhere now! This is how I find her a lot of times.....getting herself into or out of trouble. :)
| Just curious....Does this use of the tongue remind you of anyone?? Just more proof she is her mother's daughter. :p |
She's also putting everything in her mouth now, something Ryan never did (probably because he had his fingers in his mouth a lot of the time), so I have to be extra mindful about what's on the floor. Her near favorite thing to do is crawl under our dining room table to see what Ryan has dropped off his placemat! And while she's under there, she takes great joy in loosening the seat covers (which are annoying to tighten again, but then why else would they be interesting?).
| Love those baby blues |
She loves to pull herself up on the patio door to see what's going on in the backyard. She gets so chatty when she's looking back there! She almost says "Wow" or "Whoa" and can get out the "Br-uh" in brush when she has one in her hand (I give her an old blush brush to play with so she keeps still while changing her diaper). She will also find her cup when she's in the bathtub.
She's eating a lot of different soft food now, though she still has no teeth (or hair for that matter)! Ryan got his first teeth at 10 months so I wonder if those will be right around the corner. Peaches seem to be the clear winner now for favorite food, but peas aren't far from her heart either.
I'm sure I've said this before, but Natalie is just such a joy to be around. She always makes people smile and I hope that will stay with her. I can't wait to see what she'll do next!
1 comment:
she's so adorable :) I love your Natalie updates!
Timothy is almost 9 and shows no signs of crawling; I am still waiting for him to start moving!
Post a Comment