Saturday, July 28, 2012

Just Keep Swimming, just keep.....

 The weather today was completely gorgeous so we all jumped at the chance to attend a beach birthday party! (thanks for the nudge, Jill!)  There are a couple notable things about this:


See picture above: my son is in the water!!  This is a boy who generally despises the water.  We even failed our first round of swimming lessons when, in part, he wouldn't get in the pool.  No biggie to me though, since at least his opinion on taking a bath has improved.  So today, with the help of a little floatie, my boy was splashing and running in the water and blowing bubbles!  I was one proud mama!

And here is a picture of me and the babe to show we were there.  :)  Natalie, unlike the child who precedes her, LOVES the water!  Splashing, sand eating, laughing and squealing - she's in awe of it all.  I'm pretty sure she's going to be a heavyweight champion in water kickboxing.  Plus, I can't get enough of her swimming suit!  It was on clearance from Valentine's day and I found it about a month ago for $3. Just perfect!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And because I have no idea where else I would post this, and I know it would be of particular interest to people in my family.....I will end with this little exchange from today.  This morning we had a playdate and lunch with a former coworker and her family.  She has twin boys that are about 6 weeks older than Natalie and I was wondering what Ryan thought about the Twin phenomenon.

Me: Hey Ryan, did you know twins are visiting our house today?  And they are as big as Natalie!
Ryan: Oh, the baseball players?

He cracks me up!  For the record, Ryan just loved the twins and was so excited to show off "his baby" when they arrived.  :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

I so glad you guys could make it! It was a great day for the beach. My mom couldn't get enough of Grace and Natalie. Apparently, Grace was working really hard to help entertain and tend to Natalie's needs. What good kids we have!