Thursday, October 27, 2011

Theme-y Thursday

First of all, thank you for your sling comments!  I received a lot of great ideas and that REALLY helped pare down all of the options.  I also got a coupon in the mail for a free sling and nursing cover on the same day I posted about slings.  Thanks God!

Now onto my thoughts for today........I don't nest.  It's a completely foreign concept to me. 

We finished getting Ryan's room ready for his arrival a whopping 4 days before he arrived.  Granted, if he hadn't been 3 weeks early, that may have constituted as nesting, but it seems my body knew what was going on before I had any clue.

For the impending arrival of baby girl, the closest I've come to preparing any sort of nest so far is moving our guest room down to the basement a couple of weeks ago (with Den's help). That wasn't for nesting purposes as much as it was for necessity because we were having company in a matter of days.  :)  Now baby's room has a dresser, a 3-sided crib (as we had to take it apart to get it out of Ryan's room) and most of my pre-preg clothes (I miss you all!).  Wow, does that ever sound pathetic!

Well, I'm proud to announce that I feel like the nesting tides are turning, and a singular word sums it up:  Etsy.

I never really gravitated toward Etsy because it seemed so overwhelming and it wasn't as if I needed a new computer time-suck in my life, you know? And while I don't think it will become a time suck (as I have Fakebook and bloggy blogs for that!), it has set my mind spinning with all sorts of fun ideas to decorate baby girl's room.

  Here are two decals from Etsy and I think either one would be completely perfect to adorn baby girl's wall (or have Gramma replicate on canvas.......just an idea mom!  ;) )

I love the little birdhouse and how whimsical and intricate the branches and leaves are...*swoon*

Those little owls are so darn cute. 
I also like the little birds, but I don't think I'd have it "perched" on the crib
in case I'd want to move furniture around later.
The only thing I'm not sure about now is what kind of wall color I want or would look good with the above decor.  I don't think I want straight up pink, because I might die a slow, pink death (Oh the drama!)......but maybe purple? Lavender?  I think I like grey like in these examples, but the rest of our house is painted in neutral tones (although I don't know if that would matter as much).  Maybe green? Sage or olive?  Or light mint? What about some kind of brown? Tan? Yellow? White, and have the tree in a different color scheme?

Oh wait, I think I've figured out why I don't nest......I need to go lie down.  :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh I adore both of those trees! I just might have to check out Etsy now!