Friday, August 05, 2011

Rodents Revisited

I promise this will be the last post I do about rodents for a long time.  Hopefully.

So last I left you, I was battling to get upstairs after my "run in" with a mouse.  Well I am pleased to report that I made it upstairs and, after hitting the bathroom, camped out on the couch until Dennis got home from his bowling league.  As soon as Dennis stepped in the door, I recounted the horrid situation and he immediately went downstairs to find a trap and take care of the situation.  *swoon*

After about 5 minutes, I hear a bunch of commotion in the basement and as I get closer to the basement stairs, it's Dennis yelling "I got him! I got him!"  I get down to the basement and see Dennis with a very, very large peanut butter jar in hand and a deceased mouse in a grocery bag.

Results from the autopsy indicate cause of death as blunt force trauma. 

I didn't get too many details and, truthfully, I don't care very much - the mouse is gone and if Dennis wasn't king of the castle before that night, he sure is now.  :)

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Too funny, brings back many unpleasant memories of dealing with my past rodent situation!

Michelle said...

What would we do without our husbands!

Shannon said...

I am so glad that is all taken care of now, but I'm nervous with fall coming right around the corner that others could come in from wherever that one came in! Ew!