Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Always Taunting Me

All summer, I've been battling a pest in my garden: rabbits.  I've tried all the sprays and potions, but they always seem to come back at the exact moment my flowers develop those tender buds.  They are also becoming more and more brave (see picture below from around dinnertime today).  It's as though they make a special point to come out and mock me when they know full well that, in my current condition, I cannot run them down.  What's worse is that I've always thought it was just one rabbit and have now discovered there are THREE!  Scoundrels!

Background: Peetie Rabbit adjusting his pants after a tasty dinner
Middle Foreground: Peetie's dinner, aka what used to be my flower.
So tonight I set a trap.  I found one of their little resting spots (nests?) behind a shrub and set up the little cage with a very tasty-looking (if I do say so myself) cob of corn inside.  I shall report back with my results and I do so hope I am successful. 

In other smaller rodent news, I am currently trapped in my basement because I just saw a freaking MOUSE run by.  Crap.  What's worse about that is we pay an extermination company to come out and keep these types of gross things in check since we live in an older house. Rest assured they will be getting a very uncomfortable phone call from me or Dennis tomorrow.  I have no clue how it got in or, more importantly, I will get upstairs as my legs are frozen cross-legged on my office chair.  Quite a conundrum indeed.

Okay, it's time to be a woman about this and go upstairs.

**************

Okay, maybe I'm ready now.

**************

Okay, GO!!!  Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: