Monday, July 11, 2011

Overgrown

Lots of areas of life are becoming overgrown and it's bugging me. 

For one, this here blog!!  Shoot.

My garden (doesn't help that I all of a sudden dislike everything that I planted two summers ago)

Way overdue for updated family pictures (and would like to get them done while my face is still a little smaller than a basketball)

Can't seem to keep up with laundry in my house (which stresses me out b/c how will I keep up with a whole other person living with us?? Ack!)

So I'm making a change!!  Huzzah!!

And I'm starting with the blog!  Weeds and laundry can wait another day right?

We're doing well here.  Ryan is becoming more of a spitfire as each day passes, but it is always tempered by a charm and sweetness which endears us to him all the more.  He has also started to be a "tattletale."  I honestly thought you had to have a sibling to do that effectively, but he has somehow mastered it.  For example, Ryan is taking a ball and throwing it in the house (a no-no).  I stealthily move toward him to retrieve the ball and snatch it just as he is about to let loose right at the TV.  He immediately recognizes the malfeasance and runs to Dennis crying, "Mommy tooked it away, Mommy tooked it away!"  What?  As if the other parent would all of a sudden side with him?  Ha! And again I say, Ha!

Dennis is doing great - business is going well and he's had some extra time to get into running again.  He has also been a superstar at home while I've been sick by taking care of Ryan and home things so I can rest.  Thank goodness he's one of those men who thrive with lots of things on their plate!  :)

As for me, my days are marked by throwing up or not throwing up.  Not throwing up = a good day and I've only had a handful of those since May.  I was secretly hoping I would be one of those women who was really sick with the first baby, then didn't even know they were pregnant the second time around and just breezed through.  My genetics betray me though.  I considered taking the medicine for nausea, but at a doctor's appointment the nurse suggested not taking my prenatal for a few days and seeing how I feel (that was just last week).  Well, eureka!  I was still nauseous, but it was much more manageable.  So I'm still not taking the proper prenatals and the nurse suggested Flinstones vitamins and I have an individual folic acid supplement already if Fred and the Gang don't have enough.  I'm hoping at this point I can avoid the prescription.

Well I'll leave you with my first belly picture.  There really wasn't anything to see, except bloaty-ness, before this week, so I didn't start taking pictures as early as I did with Ryan.  As a sidenote, I do so love how long my hair is getting, but it is a little dreadful in this heat......I think I picked the wrong season to grow it out!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Shannon, you look beautiful! I'm so sorry you've been sick this time around. I know how that is -- I was basically sick the entire pregnancy with Levi, really bad up until 28 weeks! I took the prescription medicine and it did help, but if you can avoid it then hurray! :) I'll be praying for you that the sickness passes soon as you enter the second trimester!

Shannon said...

Thank you Michelle! You are so sweet and if anyone know what I feel like right now, you do!

Thank you for your prayers, I really appreciate it! I'm not getting my hopes up, but just keeping my fingers crossed this will pass by the halfway point. haha! :D