Friday, April 01, 2011

Unbelievable Update

So in yesterday's post I mentioned about the radio host who I felt was talking to just me. When he concluded his prayer, he mentioned that if there was a person out there who was in the situation he described, to please email him.

I went back and forth and back and forth about emailing him with my cryving incident.  I would want to email, then feel ridiculous because there are people out there suffering through much worse things than me, and I am SURE he'd have 26 emails from those people.  An email from me wasn't a big deal. 

Finally at 9:30, when I was already supposed to be in bed, I realized my heart wasn't going to let me sleep until I sent him that email. Here it is.....

Hello,


I just wanted to let you know I was listening today at about 5:15 when you shared about being prompted about a person who had received news and was shaken. You also shared a passage from Luke and a beautiful prayer.


You see, I was in the car driving home from a doctor's appointment where I received some very surprising news. Not life threatening, but hopes and dreams threatening. The news revealed a large wound in my heart that I didn't realize I was not turning over to the Lord to allow Him to heal. He felt so far away, but that was because I was pushing him there.

My heart and spirit were so heavy, but I want you to know your words and prayer were a healing balm in my relationship with the Lord. I should have never been in the car at that time today either, but for that spur-of-the-moment doctor's appointment.
 So thank you for being receptive to the Holy Spirit's prompting and taking the time to address it on the air. And who knows, maybe you've gotten 20 emails from other broken people who were touched by your words, or just mine, but I want you to know I'm changed because of it.



Blessings in Christ,

Shannon

And here is his unbelievable response to me from this morning:

Shannon,


So good to hear from you. I had this very vivid picture of someone in their vehicle and really sensed it was related to something medical. By the way you were the only one to respond so I believe this really was a word and a prayer just for you.

So Shannon, the Kingdom of God is near to you. The King of Kings is near to you.


I shared your note with my wife so that she can be praying for you as well.


Please allow us the great honor of standing with you in prayer and hearing from you in the future if there are other developments.


Thanks for sending in your email.
David

Umm....wait......what just happened?

That God - the Almighty, Infinite in Power and Majesty, King of Kings, Creator and Ruler over all things - would see it fit to pursue me, an utterly-depraved-but-reformed-through-Christ-sinner, by speaking directly to me through the radio?? I was going through a bit of a heart-disconnect with God lately, but through this experience, I am truly humbled and made low in awe of Him. 

If any of you are reading this and you're not sure about this "God stuff," please know that God wants to know you and is actively pursuing you every day.  It may not be through the radio, but if you keep your heart open, He will show up. 

3 comments:

Cassie said...

That's amazing, Shannon. How wonderful to get such a clear message of encouragement from the Father in a time when you need it. I'll be praying for more encouragement and good news.

jenny said...

Wow Shannon. How beautiful. I love this story. Thanks for sharing it and thanks for following the Lord's prompting.

Love you.

Michelle said...

Seriously amazing!!! God is so good and works in such mysterious and wonderful ways!