So today I had my follow up appointment with my second-opinion doctor. Have I mentioned that I love her? She is terrific. She made a follow up appointment with me to go over my results. She didn't just send them throught the mail with "normal" scawled across the top. The tagline on her business card is "Care with Compassion." Yes, I would have to agree!
Anyway, it seems I've been missing a critical part of this whole baby-making process......
Eggs.
Dang.
::makes a run to the grocery store::
Turns out I have lower than useful estrogen levels (the opposite of what my acupuncurist thought - hmmph) which keeps eggs from maturing and releasing properly - a necessary component of baby-making, if you can imagine. So I technically have eggs, they are just not being utilized. Bunch of slackers.
Incidentally, what do you think came back normal?? My TSH. :/ My first test was 4.05 and this test was 2.50. Well I'll be darned. I'm not sure if that was because of the acupuncture or what, but deep down I'm relieved that wasn't the problem. Being strapped to medication for the rest of my life just didn't sound appealing and bad thyroid levels can create various pregnancy complications also.
I tried to keep things together while I was in the doctor's office, but I ended up falling apart in the car on the way home. I mean really, no eggs or ovulation? Why didn't my first doctor even suggest that? How do I go from getting pregnant right away to not even ovulating just 2 years later?
As I was cryving (cry/driving), I was listening to our local Christian radio station, Praise FM. (Sidenote: They are awesome. On 95.3 for the locals.) The song finished and the host came on and said you know, the Lord has impressed something on me that I just want to share. There is someone listening right now who has just received some news. I'm not sure what, it could be health related or something else, but it's something they weren't expecting and they may be in shock. They are rattled. This is what the Lord wants you to know, and it's from Luke 10:8-9, "When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is set before you. Heal the sick who are there and tell them 'the Kingdom of God is near.'" He concluded with a beautiful prayer describing how God is near all the time and cares, even if we/I feel He is far away.
I still tear up when I think of it. An all-powerful God, Creator of the Universe, caring enough about my eggs, or lack thereof, to reach me through a radio host. During crazy month end at work when I should never have been in the car in the first place, but for this follow up appointment. To tell me that He is at my side. Always.
Thanks God. There is none but You.
1 comment:
Shannon, this made me cry! What an amazing story, God is so powerful and loves us so much! Did the doctor suggest anything to do now? I will definitely be praying for you!
Post a Comment