Well, poor analogies aside..... ;) In the last few days quite a few of Ryan's "puzzle pieces" have been locked in and we've discovered a new character trait of our boy.....pyromania.
It started out innocently enough when I placed my favorite Yankee Candle on the dining room table and lit it. Ryan was fascinated, but happy to keep a distance. The next day he wandered to the table and beckoned me to light the candle again. By the third day he was saying "candle" and erupted into squeals when he saw us go to the kitchen drawer to get the matches.
Then I showed him how if he blew over the top of the candle, the little light would "dance." This revelation produced the scene below. I don't think I've ever seen such a happy child.
Then he blew out the candle. It was a sad day for Ryan because I retired the candle and put it back in the cupboard. He asked about it for the rest of the night, but had forgotten about it by the next morning. :)
| Danger: The Light is Gone! Emotional Collapse Ahead! |
1 comment:
I love the things kids find fascinating! It makes you appreciate the smaller things in life. :)
Post a Comment