So anyway, day 3 of the challenge is to post a picture that makes me happy and here it is:
As far as I'm concerned: I woke up that day never expecting to have a baby by the end of it. Sure, I was just a day over 37 weeks so it was certainly in the realm of possibility, but I had completely convinced myself I would be one of those miserable, overdue women and just resigned myself to the fact that the baby wouldn't show up until about May (I was officially due April 15th). Consider it the shock of the year when my water exploded (yes, you read that right - there was no mistaking it) during a work meeting and I was whisked off to the hospital! But back to the picture, I was completely hopped up on drugs and swimming in an ocean of glee/joy/complete shock that I had a baby on my lap. Love it.
As far as Ryan is concerned: He was breech with his little feet in his face and, as a result, was a little.....well.....stiff upon birth. It's like he had peg-legs for pete's sake! It actually took several hours (and some creative baby burrito wrapping) for his legs to relax and bend at the knee. Very interesting! In addition, as a newborn, his legs would fly up like this on their own, rather than be curled up in that cute little "fetal" position. It actually made diaper changes wonderfully easy. :)
So that's it for day 3 - this is becoming a fun little project!!
2 comments:
I LOVE this one of Ryan, as well. Cracks me up!
It's amazing that he stayed that way for a while! :)
Post a Comment