Try to say that 5 times fast!!
So anyway, this morning I was working out and watched a documentary on - get this - elevators. Don't judge, my other option was Kimora: Life in the Fab.Lane....... :/ So anyway, I learned a tidbit of information about elevators that was incredibly interesting/relevant to me and may be for you also.
The "door close" button does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It only exists to make the rider feel more in control.
So what do I do with this information???? I work in an office and ride an elevator 3 or 4 floors EVERY DAY. Someone gets out on a different floor and my gut instinct is to go for that button to keep going with my day. Knowing that it's just a mind game is enough to drive me nuts!! It also makes me wonder what else is just a mind game for the masses.........crosswalk buttons? Is Broadband Internet a myth just to make me pay more? Does Diet Dr. Pepper really taste more like regular? I must stop before I collapse into a heap of cynicism.
In a bit of "sunshine and unicorn" news, I am going to participate in the 30 Day Photo Challenge! I've never done anything like this before, but I was inspired by my friend Jenny! So without further ado, here is my first photo: My Face.book profile picture. It's me and my boy on his first birthday. My how he has grown in the last 7 months! He wasn't even walking back then and now I feel like I just follow a cloud of dust around! My hair is SO much longer now too! I am so terrible at keeping up with it when it's short. :)

Stay tuned for more photos to come!
1 comment:
Oh dear...I hate that door close button! I've always wondered why it doesn't actually close when I push the button the first time. I like this 30 day photo challenge, we need to see more pictures of your family and your sweet boy! :)
Post a Comment