On Saturday we took Ryan to his second Minnesota State Fair! We were so honored to have won a private tour of the fair when no one else was around..... HA! NOT! Our Fair experience was shared with nearly 250,000 of our closest Minnesota friends.
We started out the day by meeting up with this little guy (with his parents and uncle).

Couldn't you just put him in your pocket?? SUCH a dollie!

Ryan was enamored by Baby Max!

Here is a picture of all of us. We are also known as the-group-that-has-no-business-being-at-a-Fair-with-250,000-people. :)

Ryan stopped to smell the flowers. No really, he smelled them and kept saying "WOW-er, WOW-er." So cute!

Minnesota mobs
After a while, we ended up parting ways with our friends and exploring on our own. We wanted to go in the Butterfly House, but couldn't justify spending $9 for all of us when we would have to keep after Ryan to keep him from being too frisky with the butterflies. I think he'll be better suited for it next year. So, on we went. As we were making our way to the animal barns, Dennis spotted a treat he just needed to have. Chocolate dipped cheesecake. I wanted to take a picture of his sweet score, and this is what I snapped........

Apparently someone else was just as excited for a treat!!

Awwww yeah.......Chocolate euphoria.
Then we made our way to the animal barns and Ryan had a great time looking at the animals! His favorite were the geese and roosters (of course he had to love the most putrid smelling barn!). When they would do their calls, Ryan would point and laugh.
Don't worry, this guy is actually alive.After the animals, and by some miracle thanks to the smells we experienced, Dennis and I were actually hungry and made our dinner choices.
Fred Flinstone's.......I mean Dennis' choice: A turkey leg smothered in secret sauce
My choice: a corndog that was as long as my arm. YUM-O!

Ryan's un-choice: pb&j with grapes. He still loved it though!
Our day at the Fair was a smashing success!!

3 comments:
I miss the MN State Fair! Looks like you guys had so much fun! Chocolate dipped cheesecake?!?! I would be in heaven along with Ryan! :)
Nora loved mini donuts and Sweet Martha's cookies. So much so that she was covered in chocolate and people would point and laugh!
Shannon, I love reading your blog. You are so funny!
Post a Comment