Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sweet Summertime.....

Tomorrow a lot of my teacher friends and family make the trek back into their classrooms and schools and coupled with the fact that the State Fair is starting this week, I can't help but feel the little tug at my heart that summer is coming to a close.


::tear::


This particular weekend started with meeting up with college friends old and new and also celebrating little E's first year. So much fun!


The Dane's came into town also and the boys (minus the little) took in a Twins game. It was so hot and humid and so I'm glad they survived. I doubt I'd have made it past the 2nd inning. :)


We also enjoyed the summer staple, corn on the cob. It's good to see this little lad using his teeth for good and not evil.







p.s. no, he didn't actually empty the salt shaker on his cob before enjoying. He just has a funny fascination with the salt shaker right now. :)

On the biting front, thank you to everyone who gave their two cents on how to deal with this periodontal problem. We ended up swiftly taking Ryan to his room upon each biting offense and after two of those go-arounds, he has not bitten either of us since. That's a phase I'm so happy to hopefully leave in the past!

3 comments:

jenny said...

Ahhh.... look at you lovely ladies!! So good to see you looking so tan and summery. :-) Wish I could have joined you.

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

I'm so glad you are finding something that works! And yes, working those little chompers on a corn cob is ideal:) Jonas loves loves corn too! Thanks again for coming up to visit with everyone---it was so good to catch up and laugh:) Blessings on your week!

Michelle said...

I love the pictures of Ryan eating corn! That's so adorable!!!