I've heard stories from many friends and family members who have been pregnant about the crazy things people feel entitled to say to pregnant folks. Sunday was my turn to experience said crazy comments!! Enjoy!
- "Wow! You are GREAT with child! (while staring at my burgeoning belly) Congratulations!" This is one of the more tame comments but it came from a middle aged man which was slightly uncomfortable.
- "Oh look at you! It must be TWINS! It's GOT to be twins!" Nope, just one in there........this comment also came from a middle aged man, what is it with them?? ;)
- While getting comfortable in an armchair, "Oh you poor dear, you must be terribly uncomfortable." Not really, just changing it up a little. Same woman, a few minutes later, "I can see him moving!" No, I don't think so..... "are you sure, I can really see him moving!" Sure, okay.......At this point, he doesn't do much that gets past me. :)
- From my friend's 3 year old...."Did your baby eat my basketball? I can't find it anywhere." A few minutes later he brought a large kickball up to me and said "What would happen if your baby ate this ball??" He was really too cute and I'm going to have one of those!
I have also heard that comments become more frequent once the baby arrives - I'd better start thinking of responses now!
1 comment:
I was flying to CA in June (3 months before Bella came) and this guy sits down next to me and says, "HELLO MAMA!!! Wow... you look great! How much weight have you gained since being pregnant?" Okay... can you believe that?!? I just looked at Trav and rolled my eyes. This guy was super annoying.
Post a Comment