Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Official!

We have a SON on the way!!

We had a terrific appointment where we saw a heart beating strongly, legs crossed nonchalantly, a mouth opening and closing and little hands making fists and grabbing at a little face. It was so precious, all we could do is stare in awe of our great God for what He is creating inside me.

In just 10 weeks, our son went from this little guy

To this - and he's only halfway to being ready to be born!



It is so fun to know what we are going to have and yet I feel terrified! I grew up with sisters and was out of the house before my brother was born........I have two nieces.........I have virtually no clue how boys work. I will just keep reminding myself that God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called. :)

And now we move onto names!! Yay!

5 comments:

jenny said...

Yay yay yay.... A little boy! Hello, little Gilbert! So happy you are on the way!

Kortney said...

Congrats to the both of you! Boys are great - they keep you on your toes!

Michelle said...

So far, I can tell you that boys are absolutely wonderful. :) And I have a lot of friends who have toddler girls right now and they all keep telling me that I should be very lucky I have a boy. Plus, now you'll have an oldest boy to look out for all the rest of his brothers and sisters at school! :) Congrats again!

Rachel L said...

how exciting!! i vote on just keeping his name gilbert. Gil for short. like Gil from anne of green gables... Can't wait to meet him! when are you due?

Anonymous said...

Yay, Shannon and Dennis! So happy for you! How sweet to have a little boy. When he's a little older, his pockets will be filled with dirt and rocks, snot on his face, holes in his pants - a rough tumble guy for you two to love, love, love!