Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A Weekend of Firsts

This weekend Dennis and I visited "The Big D" Dallas, Texas so Dennis could participate in, and we could celebrate, Dennis' last triathlon of the season! The weather was delightfully hot which was a nice change from the fall-ish temperatures we've been having in Minnesota. Dennis had a great race and such a terrific season overall - I am just so proud of him!

But as the title of the post implies, this was a weekend of firsts:

* This weekend was Gilbert's first time riding in an airplane!

* After the triathlon, I met my first Olympian, triathlete Matt Reed!

* This weekend I witnessed a tournament of Major League Gamers (for those who have decided to dedicate their lives to the playing of video games). Note to self: I will never understand why gamers are so loud and nocturnal. Why can't video games be played during the day??

* On our flight home, we hit some nasty turbulence and since we were sitting in the back of the plane, my not-quite-over-morning-sickness side jumped in and I threw up for the first time at 30,000 feet!

* But before said up-chuck incident, I attempted to get out of my seat and use the restroom to spare the ones around me, where I was promptly yelled at by the flight attendant to "take my seat at once!" That was my first time being yelled at for trying to be courteous......(nevermind the fact we were attempting to land and it was "technically" against the rules to get up)

*This weekend marked the end of my first trimester! Wahoo! And I can't wait for the morning sickness to go away! For any mommas out there - how long did your sickness last? I know everyone's different, but I kind of want to gauge where I'm at.

I promise there will be some more pictures coming up! We didn't take that many over the weekend, but I'll try to find some picture-worthy things to post!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

My sickness lasted until I was at 13 weeks I think. My experience (and I've heard from other women as well) is that it's like a light switch. One day you just suddenly feel better. Hopefully it's right around the corner for you!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenny said...

I think my sickness lasted till about 15 weeks... so you're almost there. I definitely enjoyed my second trimester the best! So , YAY!

Anonymous said...

your mommys lasted the whole time
XD