Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Tribute

This post is dedicated to my size *irrelevant* black work slacks............

We've been together for a long time,
since fall of 2004 to be exact,
but now we need to part ways
for my figures changed - that's a fact.

I can't forget what we've been through during the years,
we've laughed together
cried together
and interviewed for jobs together

Celebrated with me on skinny days
and held me together on not-so-skinny days

but now someone has come between us,
our growing little person has proved to be too much for your snaps and buttons
and we must bid each other adieu.

I hope to see you again though,
just give me a year or so
and hopefully we can pick up where we left off.

Until then - bon voyage!

3 comments:

jenny said...

Oh I know what you mean. Have you ever heard of a Bellaband? I got one when I was preggo at Motherhood Maternity and used it for quite awhile! It's like a elastic tube you can wear around your pants, while they are unbutton and unzipped. Quite the invention. I think my hips widened out too so my pants are still not fitting... hmmm... one day soon, though!

Michelle said...

I agree with Jenny -- I think my hips got wider too! I'm getting close to fitting into my old jeans though, so it takes at least 2 months! :)

Anonymous said...

your pants cried with you?
that seams a little odd....this is really keeping me in stitches...but I will zip my lip for now..
hehe
i crack myself up..
mama