Back to blogging! Lately I've had things going on on Monday and Tuesday nights for the last few weeks, so by the time I can update from the weekend, it's already Wednesday! Sorry about that, I'm hoping to get better!
So sure, it was nearly two weeks ago, but I want to share pictures from our trip up north to see the lovely fall colors!!
"Country roads, take me home to the place, I belong......." That's for my dear mommie, she loves John Denver. :)
Strangely enough, I found this Dennis among the wildlife. I decided to take him home with me. :)
This is the Split Rock Lighthouse on the North Shore of Lake Superior. It was amazing to read about how they built it in the early 1900's when there were no roads to the site and no trucks to even haul materials. They used ships and hauled the items up the cliff with a sort of elevator system.
The view from the top of the lighthouse. I was able to take this picture through a screen on the window - very cool.
A view of the lighthouse from the shore below.
That's just ol' me
So that was our trip! We had a terrific time together, reminiscing about our years together so far, dreaming about what the next year will hold and truly enjoying each others company. I am already hoping we will be able to go back next year!
The babe is doing really well. We went to the doctor on Friday and heard his or her little heartbeat which was very strong and very reassuring for us. :) I'm still sick off and on, which I was hoping to have passed through by now, but oh well, it is remarkably better than it had been. Also, I think my belly has popped out a little more in the past week. All of a sudden, pants that were comfortable are pretty tight in that region........time to get ready for the real growing to begin I guess! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment