..........One GIANT LEAP for Shannon's closet!
Hello, my name is Shannon and I am a clothes keeper. I do not know why I have a hard time getting rid of old clothes, but I do. I always think "I'll wear that again, I'm sure of it," but rarely do. I do not have this problem in other areas of life, I am what some would call a "tosser," but with clothes, it is a different story!
Well tonight I took the advice of my clutter-free heroine Grandma Hogarty and started to downsize my clothing (it's WAY too early for nesting I imagine!). It had a two-fold purpose really - 1) I have many clothes hanging which I haven't worn since college with some hope/delusion that I would be able to wear them again and 2) since my figure will be taking a hit over the next few months, I am going to need more room in the ol' closet for the new stuff. :)
I'm pretty pleased with the result! I didn't take any before/after shots because our closet is in a pretty sorry state of affairs organizationally, but just know that I am feeling so much better for having gotten rid of about 10 shirts I am convinced I will never wear again. Ever. I know 10 seems like a small number, but for me, it's a huge accomplishment!
Congratulations to me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment