A wonderful time was had by the Toman-Dane-Cunningham-Blatz-Defibaugh family this Labor Day weekend!
Dennis and I spent the weekend at my great-great grandparents cabin in Nevis, MN (home of Uff-Da Days - I'll get to that later!). It's amazing to think that my nieces are the 6th generation to build sandcastles on the beach and take lazy naps on the porch. The weather was perfect and the time we could spend with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandmas was priceless.
Here are some pictures of our time together:

The Blatz girls getting some early morning fishing in

Katie and Erica wishing they could play in the lake - but it was only 9am and the water was freezing!

On the way to Uff-Da Days in town, David lost another tooth (read: he was playing with it until it just fell out in defeat) :)
Uff-Da Days - a celebration of the Swedish heritage marked by ice cream eating contests, an inflatable castle for the kiddos, and merchants pushing various garage sale fodder. Please tell me there is more to the Swedish heritage than that!
We found these meatballs at the Swedish Meatball/Swedish Massage tent.......
My cousins

A picture of me with the world's largest tiger muskie - nuff said :)

Dennis went on a bike ride and got a bee sting right on the lip! I felt so bad for him! I bet he's going to think twice before working out on vacation again! ;)

This is my precious niece Erica - she spent the weekend singing and chatting everyone's ear off - what a dear girl to this auntie's heart!!

A picture of the whole gang - 14 people in a three bedroom cabin (with one bathroom) - thank goodness for the pullout and 3 cots!
Now it's back to work, and if you think of it and are the praying kind, please pray for my good friend Jenny who (as far as I know tonight) is still awaiting the birth of her firstborn. She is a bit overdue and hoping to not have to go through the induction slated for later this week if she doesn't have to. Thank you and hope you had a great weekend too!
1 comment:
Oh good, I'm not the only one who has a husband who works out on vacations. :)
Post a Comment