Friday, January 11, 2008

A Suitable Send-Off of Sorts

Hello!

Well I have 5 days left, just 40 short hours with the company that gave me my first job out of college. I learned so many things here and met a couple of friends that I will keep for life, but I can't say I will miss it quite yet.

Why might I feel that way you ask?

Well today I was on my last audit at a little company (maybe 10 people in the office total) and three people took time out of their day to let me know that they would never want to do my job.....that I look like I am dredging through it and how they are SO glad they don't have to do what I do for a living. THREE! 30%!

All I could do was laugh really. I mean.......really? In what universe is that acceptable? They say that when you're pregnant somehow the social norms suddenly change and any question that may have been taboo before is suddenly acceptable. As if any old Jane, Dick or Harry suddenly gets to know if you plan to breastfeed or not. I feel the theory is the same with auditing. As soon as someone finds out I'm an auditor they feel they can ask how my marriage is when working so much (probably still funner than yours, thank you very much) and how can I survive with such boring subject matter for a job (at least I don't have to put up with you everyday....next). I can't wait for inappropriate and condescending questions to stop!

So that is where I'm at. Thankful to be moving on to a place where I will be appreciated finally!

I guess this became a little vent! Oops! I had just been second guessing myself near the end of this week, so I am actually thankful for that affirmation from the Lord. Thank you Lord!

Have a good weekend!!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Oh Shan... that's terrible and funny at the same time. I'm sure you're perfect for any job because you have such a witty and lovable personality. I do hope you thrive at your next job. :-)