Thursday, December 20, 2007

Scatterbrain!!

Shame on me that Christmas snuck up on me again!!! I have been lurking around the blog-o-sphere reading about everyone getting prepared for the big day, and it just hasn't hit me that we are leaving tomorrow for the weekend and when we come back on Monday night, my entire family will be coming to my house the next day for Christmas dinner!

Last night I felt pretty overwhelmed about it, but I tried to remind myself of Mary and Martha in Luke 10. Here's a snippet:

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Martha wanted to be a wonderful hostess to Jesus with all the stress that brings, yet Mary just wanted to be with Jesus. No frills, no fanfare, just fellowship with the Lord.

That's all I want for Christmas (and a coffee maker would be nice too!) ;p

This will probably be my last post until after Christmas so............... Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Oh Shan,
I really appreciated that Scripture passage. Just what I needed today. I will pray that God will refocus my heart and mind to dwell on HIM these upcoming days, and not if all our gifts are perfect. Thank you, and have a wonderful Christmas with your family!