Monday, December 10, 2007

Back in Action!

Sorry about the blog-cation lately, last week was NUTS! I started looking for a new job, but it seems that recruiters cannot fathom: 1) leaving public accounting and 2) how I am ever going to find a job where I will not have to work 45-50 hours a week!! I work that much now and I don't like it! Plus, why would I ever want to keep doing that particularly when Dennis and I would like to start a family sometime! I wouldn't mind watching my children grow up! Well anyway, I've had a couple of interviews and I haven't been very impressed with either place. No work/life balance and expectations I will be available at all times to work. Ummmmm...no thanks. But the Lord keeps gently reminding me that the priorities of this world are not the priorities of His and I should be patiently pursuing His perfect plan for me in prayer. (Thanks Michele for being God's vehicle for reminding me!!)

So last night, I went to Dennis' office Christmas party and his boss offered me a job! I was floored! So I'm meeting him for lunch tomorrow to talk about what I'll be doing, timing of starting, and pay/benefits, etc.....I hope it goes well! I'd have my own little office and flexibility when Dennis and I decide to start a family! It IS possible!

I'll end with a few pictures of me and Dennis with our friend Trisha girls Taya and new baby Jayde. Note the blanket on Jayde in the second picture is the one I made her! It fits perfectly (for now)!!

1 comment:

jenny said...

You look lovely, by the way. How marvelous that Dennis' boss offered you a job! Isn't God amazing how He continues to bless us?? I hope all goes well and that things shape up for you. I'm so excited for you guys.