Monday, October 15, 2007

God showed up

So I know in my head that God is omnipresent - with us everywhere all the time - and that He is eternally faithful to us in our trials, but this morning, these attributes of God were shown to me and I am so thankful that I could see it.

Here's the scoop:

Currently, I am working on a terrible assignment that is due today. No more extensions, no more time to dilly dally. Fine. So I got to work early today and after sitting down, the director on the assignment jumped down my throat. No time to even settle in. Yikes, I thought, this is going to be a long day..... well he told me the 10 things I needed to do and said he wanted everything done by 11 am. I thought that would be tough because I needed to get information from other people in other states and such, but I said I would try my best.

About an hour later (9:15), director calls and asks if I have heard from anyone.....nope

About twenty minutes later (9:35), director stops by to see if I had heard from anyone......nope.....plus I'm getting more and more nervous as the clock creeps closer to 11 and he won't leave me alone........

10:30, I call director to tell him I hadn't heard from anyone......he instructed me to call everyone again to get the things I needed within the half hour......yikes! He remembered about the deadline....

10:58......I still hadn't heard from anyone so I go to the bathroom feeling very defeated. Stood at the sink and gave the assignment up to God and asked that he would strengthen me to explain to director why I had not heard anything and all of the attempts I made.

Get back to my desk and look at the clock....11:00...... :::ugh::: nothing in my inbox and no faxes for me.

I promise you, not one minute later, and email comes in with the answers I need! Hallelujah! :) As I am documenting the answers, a FAX comes in with the rest of the information! I was astounded!

So God showed up today to show me how He is in ultimately in control and even cares about my terrible assignments that I think will never get done. And through this amazingly difficult assignment, I have learned first hand the peace that comes from allowing God to bear my heavy burdens.

If you're reading this, take a minute to leave a comment and let me know how God has shown up for you. If you can't leave the comment, take some time today to think about God's hand in your life and how some coincidences probably weren't coincidences at all. ;)

2 comments:

jenny said...

Wonderful story... I love reading your blogs, dear friend! Well, hmmm... a way taht God has "showed up" has been in the story of Hazel. How she was missing, and now is found. I was able to drive and go get her, and even though it seemed like it would be a terribly long drive, God kept me safe, allowed me to enjoy my time and get Hazel back. He is a great God!

Shannon said...

He is indeed! I am so happy Hazel is home safe and sound now! :) :)