Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What a Wednesday!

It seems my fast paced life of the past month with work, studying and moving is seriously catching up with me! I am trying to focus on what I need to do to this weekend with moving and I just can't get my energy up! I would just love to take a big juicy nap! But oh well, I can sleep in on Friday when I take the day off to clean our townhouse. That is something to look forward to!

Well my violet's little bud has sprouted another bud and has grown straight up about another inch from where it was last week! I am so surprised at her growth and I can't wait for her little bud to just burst with purple beauty! I know she will really enjoy the south-side bay window in our new house too. I just have to figure a way for her not to be in the direct sunlight all day. Perhaps I'll have to set her on an end table or something.

Last night Dennis and I met the owners of the house we are buying and they showed us what all of the plants outside were and how to take care of them along with other things like the humidifier on the furnace, gas fireplace etc. They were so helpful and they are working so hard to make sure the house is great when we move in. They've spackled all of their nail holes and where their tv was mounted and got everything ready for me to paint! By they way, I've got to paint 2 bedrooms (and maybe 3 if I get really inspired) - do you have any ideas of color schemes which would be good? Tan and Blue are out since those are the colors of the living room and basement. I feel creatively impoverished so any ideas would be soooo appreciated!! :)

I suppose that is all for now. Until next time!

2 comments:

jenny said...

Ooh... So fun! Moving into a new home! I hope Trav and I get to do that soon. Well, as for colors... I have now painted 4 rooms in my home and I still love them all. My bedroom is a burgandy/red with off-white sheer curtains. Just two walls are pained though. A good thing about painting is you can take one wall at a time. My kitchen has three different colors in it!! One wall is sky blue, the other aqua and the other a light green! So pretty... just have fun! (And take pictures!)

Shannon said...

Thanks Jenny! Your home sounds so beautiful!! Our master bedroom is an olive green color so I think I will paint one or two walls a plum purple color which will also match our bed sheets etc. I like the idea of doing three different colors in a room....My kitchen doesn't have a lot of wall showing so I think that would be easy to do. I've also thought of putting a tile backsplash in the kitchen but it is much easier (and cheaper) to paint. :)