This weekend was SO much fun!! Dennis had a race in Cedar Rapids, IA and he did really well. He placed 12th out of 700 athletes which I find amazing! His bike portion on the race wasn't as good as he had hoped but it's the beginning of the season so there is much room for improvement. It was also fun to see Bill and Annette and Edith (Annette's mom) again. They are a lot of fun to be around and I am glad they came especially to see the race. We'll see them again when Dennis races in Des Moines in two weeks then again for Brian's wedding in Iowa City the week after, so we will definitely be getting the tour of Iowa this month. I do love spending that time with Dennis though, between 3-5 hours of uninterrupted togetherness.... priceless. :)
On such a lovey-dovey note, Tuesday is our anniversary! The past three years have gone by so fast! Now nearly all of our friends are married and some are having children (and second children) so it is very exciting! Speaking of children, our friends Adam and Abby are eagerly awaiting the arrival of their second son. His due date is June 14th but Abby is starting to progress so it may be earlier by a few days. Who knows, we'll see. :) Babies can be very ellusive at times.
I got my haircut this weekend! I haven't had bangs since 1994, so it is very interesting to have them brushing my eyebrows once again! Here is a picture of the new look:

I really enjoy it and think it will be a lot of fun for summer!!
Friday we had a new water heater installed in our house. Our old was was 24 years old and was starting to rust out and leak so it was time for a new one. We got one with a 5 year warranty so that should last until we get around to selling. Oh the joys of homeownership!! :)
Well that's it for now - bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment