Thursday, July 29, 2010

Vacation Continued

This will mainly be a picture post of our vacation up north last week. I can't believe how fast this week has gone! Before you look at the pictures, I feel a responsibility to give you fair warning......if you are allergic to cuteness, click away now. :)


Sailing his boats on the beach


Look at all those chompers!


Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to digging I go!



Playing and Playing and PLAYING on the dock! Grandpa was such a good sport to catch him every time he jumped off too!



Ryan spent hours at the playground and had a wonderful time, every time!



Toddler jubilation



Ryan's second favorite toy - Grandpa's radio. I can forsee a little transistor in his stocking this Christmas!



If we were smart parents, we would have looked at this face and said "NO WAY are we taking him out on a boat!" But we, being the indefatigable optimists we are, took screaming baby on the boat hoping he would think it was great and made it just past the dock before turning around. Family Boating: Fail.



Here's Ryan helping Grandpa make one of the many fires we had over the week. They really were an unseparable pair.

Here we are with Ryan's tree and the rock my parents made for it. My how the year flew by and all the things that have changed! As a point of reference, the picture below is all of us with the tree last year.


All in all, we had a wonderful week with family and treasure all of the memories made. We can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

Looks so fun, Shannon! Isn't it so wonderful to make family memories? I love the little camping chair too---where did you find that? We have been looking for one for Jonas. We should try to get together sometime soon---would a night (or day) in August work for you??