Yesterday Ryan turned 7 months old and I can hardly believe it! My thoughts have been bouncing around between “Gosh, my incision is already 7 months old?!?” (even though it’s still red and my skin doesn’t have much feeling around it), “What are you going to do next little man?” and “Can he get any cuter?” but mostly….
“My, how far we’ve come little one”
My life is completely different since Ryan entered it and what’s funny is that I vividly remember lying on the operating table on March 26th, in complete shock and a 3 full weeks early, and just wishing for one more hour or one more minute with Dennis before everything would be different. Oh, how shortsighted I was! I have to admit the first month was definitely one of survival (for all three of us), the second month was settling into a routine, the third – soaking up every minute, the fourth – adjusting to going back to work while managing my intense longing for home, the fifth – starting solids and rolling everywhere and the sixth – hearing my sweet baby talktalktalktalktalk (just like his Daddy!) ;) I am so excited to see where the seventh month will take us!
Here are a few of the things Ryan is up to nowadays:
*Rolling, rolling, rolling
*Sitting up for brief periods of time
*Blowing raspberries all.the.time
*Talking with a lot of consonant sounds (still can't wait to hear that 'mama' for the first time!)
*Grabbing at everything within reach
*Loves to look at the reflection of "the baby" in the mirror
*Loves to eat any kind of food, but especially, sweet potatoes, mixed fruits, pears, peaches, squash and pineapple chunks (I put them in this little mesh holder and he sucks them dry!)
We are just so in love with our little boy! :D
2 comments:
Such fun things he's doing! It's amazing how fast they grow. :)
Love your new background too, I totally stole the website from you and picked a new background myself! Thanks!
Hey Shannon- long time no see!! Cute pictures of the little man!! My how fast they grow! We need to get together and have a little shower thing for Kay sometime soon! Have any weekends or evenings free coming up?
Post a Comment