Thursday, September 24, 2009

What's my reason for lack of blogging lately?? I have simply boiled it down to....




crazybusyfewpictureslackofmotivation-itis.


So there.



And in case you are wondering, it's latin and being the armchair etymologist I am, I will derive each of the parts for you.....


crazybusy: Also known as "crazy busy." Early mornings, working late, dodging guilty mom feelings for working full time, keeping up with the house - it's been hard to sit in front of the computer and get two coherent thoughts strung together sometimes.


fewpictures: Also known as "few pictures." We've been doing a lot of things but I've been leaving my camera at home. While it's been fun to actually experience life instead of always trying to find that "perfect shot," it makes for some boring blogging!


and finally.......



lackofmotivation: Also known as "lack of motivation." My blog background is dated-looking to me but I don't have enough time to sit and think of a new vision for the blog and have that carried out via a cute, spunky background. I think that will come over the weekend. :)



So inbetween bouts of my "illness," I've been able to capture these pictures of our adventures lately.....



We went to Iowa last weekend for Dennis' last triathlon and had a wonderful visit with Ryan's Great Grandma Hogarty.



She is such a wonderful woman and I am so thankful she's in my life.


We met little Harper who is Dennis' cousin's baby. She's just a month old and so tiny!

On Sunday we went to Des Moines to celebrate the (extremely FAST) birth of little Miles Roman! Dennis' sister went into labor at 8 am last Friday and Miles was born at 12:16. He was in a hurry! This is us in the waiting room waiting...love that grin!!



I think this is my favorite picture of my men. So caring and gentle and sweet.


This is us with Miles. It's hard to believe that Ryan was a POUND smaller than his 6 pound, 5 ounce cousin.


I'm posting this picture because I think my neck looks skinny. I'm such a dweeb. ;)

3 comments:

jenny said...

Not a dweeb not a dweeb! I'm always looking for angles that make me look like the skinny girl I once was! :-)

Love all the names of your newest family additions! Miles is my FAV name for a boy right now... and Roman is the name for Tommy and Olivia (Trav's twin) boy if they have one. Harper is the name of our friend's baby that was just born too!

ANyways, you're doing a great job juggling everything. I tell you, in addition to just living LIFE, the first year (especially 6 months) of mothering are HARD and TIME-CONSUMING!!

Love you girl!

Michelle said...

I don't think anyone is going to blame you for not blogging very often! Those first months are very time consuming, especially when you're working too -- I know how that is; it's exhausting! I can't believe how big Ryan is getting, such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Never mind that e-mail...the blog site address came back to me! :) Love the wet-suit picture by the way! :)