For Memorial Day weekend, Dennis and I took the plunge and decided to redo the landscaping in our front yard. The landscaping consisted of terrible evergreen shrubs (though ours turned a lovely shade of brown this winter) and enough decorative rocks to fill the Grand Canyon, but we removed it all! It was pretty grueling work too! I would like to let anyone know if you are considering putting decorative rocks in your landscape design, make sure you don't want to remove them. EVER. They are terrible. And heavy. And all varieties of bugs like to live underneath them.
So anyway.....fast forward to today - my dad and brother came to my house with a load of "organic" (read: straight from the farm) black dirt and helped us fill up the bed where flowers will eventually grow. He lifted the tarp to reveal the dirt and the first thing I saw was a bone. From an animal. In the dirt. I think that's about as organic as you can get! Here are some pictures from our time together. My brother just loved Ryan and kept calling him his little buddy and his best friend. So cute. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment