Sunday, February 15, 2009

Back in the Saddle!

It's good to be back with a new look! I am so ready for spring! Why have I been gone so long, you may (or may not) be wondering? Well this is the first night I've been home since last Sunday!!! Bible studies, dinners, babysitting, surprise parties - each event was wonderful, but it's been so nice to be home today. :) I don't have to work tomorrow either which makes me very happy!!



This past Wednesday I passed the 31 week mark with the babe. I've still been sleeping really well and besides feeling full all the time, I am a very happy and comfortable prego. Here's a pic....


My belly has been pretty lumpy lately, but I can't quite tell how he's configured in there - head up or head down. He'd better decide to get into position in the next month or so otherwise there will be no going back! I'm also thinking about seeing a Chiropractor until the end to make sure my back and pelvis are in line after learning about labor from our childbirth class. I'm all for making labor easier. :) Yesterday in our class we held ice cubes in our hands and practiced breathing and relaxation techniques.

**For the mommas out there - how realistic is that exercise??? I understand the concept of creating pain so you can practice managing your reaction, but how does that work out in real life?? I'm really curious. Also, will I be so uncomfortable during labor that the thought of getting an epidural will not make me want to throw up?? I nearly tossed my breakfast while watching that video.....oops. :) **

Hope you're having a good weekend!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Aw, you are such a cute pregnant lady! And how nice that you are still comfortable. Hope you're doing well!

jenny said...

You look great. I know you may not feel tiny, but you don't look huge at all! Way to go! Okay... I had to laugh when you told the ice cube story. Personally, I think the breathing exercises were a bunch of bolagna... but, that was just me. And, an ice cube in the hand will never compare to labor. Ever. :-) Okay, saying all that, I totally know how you feel about the fear/anticipation of labor. But, all I can say is that worrying is useless. When the time comes, the Lord will prepare you and your body to do what needs to be done. The adreneline will be helpful, the anticipation of meeting your little boy, etc. The pain will be great, but you will have the option of meds and if you choose no, the nurses are great and willing to help you do it naturally. The time will come for you to give birth, and when you do, your body will tell you what to do and your sweet husband will be with you the whole way. It's an amazing time.