Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On the Bubble

Well today I found out that my job is not recession-proof..........

The fund that I work on is going to be closing and where that leaves me, I have no idea at the present time. It's very hard to take! Sure, I would be the first one to admit that my job isn't the joy of my life - but that doesn't mean I wanted to lose it either........I hope that once everything shakes down, I can move to another group or company within Cargill at least. I can't imagine too many employers would be too thrilled to take me on in my current condition (even though it would be SO illegal to base their decision on that alone), so the prospect of dumping them before they dump me doesn't seem feasible either. I am just really nervous. I also learned today that we won't be getting any increases in salary for next year and our bonuses are all but out of the question. Not a great day to say the least. >:s

Through of all this, I am not without hope. I want to give this situation to the Lord completely because I know His plans are so much better than mine, but so much of me is fighting to take the reins and fix it myself. Hopefully after my meetings tomorrow, I will have some more answers - or at the very least, I will have a little more time to let this sink in.....

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
(Psalm 42:11)

No comments: