Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Get Me Home!

Well today my confidence at work took a big hit.......I had been working with a client and what I needed from him ended up taking the better part of the day to produce. Mind you, as an auditor, I really hate doing that to people. I realize that doing my job makes people have to do a lot of work on top of their regular daily duties and I feel awful about that. So this person had been giving me a hard time about it all day in a joking way (by that I mean passive aggressive) and I was starting to feel bad about it. By the end of the day, the joking was gone and he was grilling me about why he needed to do all of these things I was asking of him. That kind of confrontation from a client really makes me nervous and I must have looked like it.
So anyway, I'm sitting at my computer updating some spreadsheets when I hear this person talking to his assistant (in the next office) laughing and making fun of me and my reaction as he was raking me over the coals! I just can't handle that kind of stuff so I went to the bathroom and cried it out a little. He was so terrible about it. No one has ever done that to me before! I was totally humiliated!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.........or I'm quitting. On the bright side, at least I get to go home tomorrow!


****UPDATE: I spilled my guts to Dennie and he reminded me that Christ has experienced all of these feelings I am experiencing and is compassionate toward me if I will allow Him to bear it. Wow, thank you, Lord, for such a wonderful husband - I do not deserve it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Shannon, I'm so sorry. I've had the experience of overhearing people talk about me, too. It stings.

That guy was careless and hurtful with his words. Proverbs would call him a fool. A perfect example of why we need to be so careful with our tongue (James 1).

I'm glad that Dennis was a comfort to you. You are a wonderful person.

I'll pray for you!
Jenny

Anonymous said...

I meant to say "jenny b." above.

jenny said...

Sad day! Gosh, just talked to my sister and she had a hard day too! Today must be the crying day. But yay for great husbands and a wonderful God! I'm sorry you had to go through all that, though. Yucky.