Good news, our inoperable washing machine has finally been picked up from our house.....whew! Not so good news, the dropouts who moved the thing ended up gouging up our stairwell! Seriously. Give me a break already! All in all, I am glad it is gone and a new one is coming in 9 days.....we'll be going to the laundromat this weekend to get by. Should be a fun date night and I'll remember my camera! :)
This week has been really slow at work!!! Dreadful really. But I've been trying to study and review for my tax test which is in 7 days! Yipes! I am pretty nervous. This test is just three hours which means I will need to know things right away. Not a lot of time to mull over the answers to questions.
Yesterday Dennis' office had an open house since they moved locations and I won a book called "George Washington's Rules of Civility and Decent Behaviour in Company and Conversation." He wrote these 110 rules when he was 14!! It seems like 14 year old boys these days have a hard time talking about anything that doesn't involve flatulence, girls or video games (to make a sweeping generalization). Here are a few gems I found particularly amusing:
**** If you cough, sneeze, sigh or yawn, do it not loud, but privately; and speak not in your yawning , but put your handkerchief or hand before your face and turn aside.
**** When you sit down, keep your feet firm and even, without putting one on the other or crossing them (shifting my seated position now)
And the best one of all....
**** Shake not the head, feet or legs; roll not the eyes, lift not one eyebrow higher than the other; wry not the mouth; and bedew no man's face with your spittle by approaching too near him when you speak. ( I 'm guessing Mr. Washington was not a man of sarcasm and had chronic dry mouth) :)
Tis it for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment