Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Playing Catch Up

Greetings to readers near and far ~

Dennis and I have had a wonderful weekend and start of the week that deserves some catching up on!
I'll start with Friday. After our washer episode (see below), Dennis and I did a mad dash of washer research on Consumer Reports and went to Appliance Smart to see if we could get a good deal on a new washer. We found one that scored really well on Consumer Reports and had just a couple dings and scratches so they gave us a good deal on it. It was just installed today and I am so excited to go home and do the inaugural load! First though, I'll need to stop at Target to pick up some high efficiency detergent. I had just purchased a big jug of detergent too! Isn't that just the pits! But here is a picture of my new toy. hehe :)


Saturday was filled with the wedding festivities of an old friend from high school. I was so surprised and excited to see her get married and everything was so fun and pretty. The only downside - I went by myself!! I am kind of proud of myself for doing that but I ended up seeing some other old friends which provided good conversation and catching up. I thought it was so funny that NO ONE recognized me! Not even the bride! I had my hair styled differently and with no glasses (plus about 15 pounds!! - shhhhh! ;)) so I guess I can see how that happened. No pictures though - I forgot my camera! Dennis ended up having some hard workouts but was able to spend a day doing manly things in the yard. I captured this moment on Saturday morning -
Note the safety glasses and ear protectors - Dennis is such a rebel!! :) Right after that, we discovered we destroyed the chainsaw when we neglected to mix oil with the gasoline........ oops!! I guess another chainsaw will be on our Home Depot List!

As I was getting ready to leave on Saturday, I found Dennis perching in our living room.....

Looks comfy!! :) He's talking on the phone - not waving to passersby!!

On Sunday, my dear friend Jenny and her husband Travis visited us for some food and fellowship. They were in the cities for a John Piper conference and I am so happy we were able to fit into their plans!!! I love being able to keep up with them in the blog-o-sphere, but it was such a blessing to have them sitting in my living room and around my dinner table!

Take 1 - we kept trying to get a good picture of us while the boys were away and little did we know, Dennis was getting Travis quickly acclimated to Minnesota hunting.....

This week, the Fugler's are getting ready to move to Oklahoma then onto Kansas in the spring of next year where Travis will be stationed in the Air Force. I hope to be able to visit them at their home sometime next year! :)

That's about all for now. I guess I will leave you with the surprise I found in my knitting bag this weekend....

Yup that's a cucumber - my mother in law gave it to me about three weeks ago and I totally forgot about it! It was all squishy though, so there was no hope of salvaging it for a salad.... :s

No comments: