The past few weeks have been so wonderful in terms of catching up with old friends. A few weeks back, Claire, Kay and Ashley came over (no pictures - sorry!) and we shared a wonderful evening together catching up on each others lives. I am so happy that in recent months really, I've been able to connect with them again. I'm also so happy that through technology, I'm able to keep in touch with Jenny, Lisa and Rachel as well. They are all such special women of God and I admire them so much. Then my accounting friend, Kristen (Cachiaras) Williams came over for dinner this week when she was at a training seminar here in Minneapolis. We had such a good conversation and even discussed our perception of God's plan through failing the CPA exam. We both failed the same section so it was nice to talk about our feelings and I really appreciate her sweetness and outlook on life. Tonight, Dennis and I are hosting the Cranford's and Anderson's for dinner! Lucas Anderson, Kristen Cranford and I all went through the accounting program at NWC and we have each taken different paths in accounting so I love to hear how things are going for them. I feel like this summer went too fast and I didn't keep in touch as well so I am looking forward to spending time with them and their spouses (and the Anderson's new baby Avah!). Then in less than two weeks, I am hosting a get together for all of the women in my Sunday School class (Dennis and I facilitate the class with another couple). 8 people will be there so I am excited to catch up with everyone again. I challenged the regular attenders (not the guests!!) to bring a verse that challenges/invigorates their spirit, so I am excited to see what they come with.
After 6 weeks, we found out some news about our tv. Dennis called Toshiba and after talking to 5 or something people, he faxed in our receipt and they are going to call us back with our "replacement options." That means we get a new tv!! I'm not sure how things will change when we get our tv back. I can tell I'm not hooked on it like I used to be. I can turn it off without having to know what's going to be on next and I can get a lot more done around the house, that's for sure!! :)
On the knitting front, I had gotten about 15 rows into my blanket and it just seemed too loose. I showed it to my knitting guide and coworker Michele, and she affirmed by fears - the blanket was going to be huge and weirdly patterned if I finished it.......I was bummed for days but now I am starting to come around. Michele loaned me smaller needles to try again, so I am hoping the 4 (or 5th?) time will be a charm!! Thanks Michele!

Here's a random picture of Dennis and I mini-golfing in New Hampshire. He's the best and I love him!
Have a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment