Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Big News Day!

So today at work I got a call from my younger sister because she was going to come to our house in a couple of weekends. She proceeded to tell me that last night she and her boyfriend got ENGAGED!!!!!!!! Please let me remind the audience that my sister is 18 and her fiance is 28......and I have never met him.......

My parents do like him though and my older sister has met him. Timing has just always been wrong for him working or us working this winter and I guess if I had known they were going to be getting married, I would have tried harder! But at least he is a Christian and treats her really well from what she has told me this past year. They will probably get married next year according to Jordan and she really wants my sister and I to be involved in the planning process (oh yeah, probably because she is 18!). What's funny is that while I am spouting right now, I recall being just one year older than Jordan and getting engaged to Dennis....... ;o No more spouting for me. :) I hope this year of planning will be a good chance for me to help my sister mature to be a godly wife and to put God first which will greatly benefit her marriage. And oh how fun it will be to be in wedding again!! :)

Congratulations Jordan and Jason!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I commend you on your revamped attitude here. I wish I could have a better attitude about MY sister's boyfriend who I've never met...I guess it's the thought that I won't be able to meet him for another year and a half! Too much can happen in that amount of time...
Anyway...I still need a better attitude about the whole thing.
I have more to say about your other post but I think it's worth an e-mail ;-)